Inspired by the legendary Quad Eight boards, A-Designs' Ventura mic pre/EQ/DI juices your studio sonics with gorgeous clarity, dimensionality, transparency, and bass extension at (or near) unity gain. Push it harder, and Ventura's custom-wound transformer serves up increasing levels of delightful sonic aggression, while maintaining its stunning clarity. Shape your sound with Ventura's musical 3-band EQ, adding punch without a trace of harshness. Get maximum impact from guitars and basses with Ventura's instrument DI. Put serious sound in your rack, with A-Designs' Ventura mic pre/EQ/DI.
Amazing functionality and sound, in one rack space
The A-Designs' Ventura equips your studio with a top-shelf analog mic preamp and 3-band equalizer, with the added functionality of a great-sounding single-stage, single-ended, high-impedance instrument DI. The Ventura's amazing sound is the result of cutting-edge engineering, and a top-drawer parts list, including three specially designed C12X discrete transistor op amps used in the mic pre, instrument input amp, and the main output/EQ output stages.
Equip your studio with true analog mojo
From a design perspective, the target sound for A-Designs' Ventura is that of the legendary Quad Eight consoles. Back in analog's golden age, the "big three" consoles dominated the control rooms of the world's top studios. Engineers, producers, and artists were fiercely loyal to the sound of Neve, API, or Quad Eight boards. The three sounded different (naturally), but they also had certain sonic traits in common, such as impressive transparency and bass response. When monitoring loudly through main soffit-mounted studio monitors, great analog mixes achieved crushing impact. Pink Floyd's The Wall and Boston's More Than a Feeling were mixed on Quad Eight boards. 'Nuff said.
Hand-built in the USA with audiophile-quality components
Ventura's stunning transparency and impact is no accident. In its quest to give you the sonic essence of Quad Eight's analog greatness, A-Designs left no stone unturned. Ventura is hand-built in the USA using audiophile-quality components, such as the Jensen input transformer and custom Cinemag output transformers; relay-free, silver-contact, high-durability toggle switches; and balanced gold Neutrik XLR input, direct, and main output connectors. For your studio, you want nothing but the best, and the A-Designs Ventura fits the bill, to a T!
A-Designs Ventura Mic Pre/EQ/DI Features:
- Ultra-transparent, solid-state mic preamplifier
- 72dB gain; instrument DI; and true, 3-band parametric EQ with high and lowpass filters
- Mic preamp, EQ, and DI can be used together or independently
- 3 specially designed discrete C12X operational amplifiers
- Jensen input transformer and custom Cinemag output transformers; toroidal power transformer
- Balanced TRS insert return/EQ input
- Separate gain controls for mic and instrument inputs
- -20dB pad, +48V phantom power with LED indicator, phase switch, and on/off switch (with LED indicator)
- Balanced gold Neutrik XLR input, direct, and main output connectors
- Silver-contact, high-durability toggle switches with no relays
- High-tolerance metal film resistors and high-quality polystyrene, polypropylene, COG, and bipolar capacitors
- Hand-built in the USA with audiophile-quality components
- Single-rackspace steel chassis