with 192kHz sampling and even lower noise
This superbly crafted new breed of advanced tube microphone preamp reaches far beyond mere technical
excellence to deliver sound that is uniquely involving, compelling, and real. Our incredible new 2 channel Model 1100 gives you up to 20 dB more headroom than conventional preamps, allowing you to record hotter tracks with the highest possible digital resolution. This unprecedented amount of headroom, combined with an EIN of -135 dBu, allows you to take more gain without the pain of overload distortion or noise.
MORE GAIN - NO PAIN
To achieve this amazing performance, we developed new proprietary circuitry:
- Discrete Class A Bipolar PNP Solid State Front End
- Second Stage Reflected Plate Amplifier™ Tube Circuit
- Sweepable Low Frequency Cancellation Filter (LoCaf™)
- MicLim™ Limiter on the microphone input itself makes the 1100 virtually crashproof
- Drift Stabilized™ A/D Circuitry eliminates the need for high pass filtering in the digital domain
- Third stage Reflected Plate Amplifier Tube Circuit Discrete Class A Impedance Balanced Output Stage
Compare this to any other mic preamp ?you'll understand the benefits of 'More Gain with No Pain'.
MORE REASONS THIS IS A GREAT PREAMP
- Front panel peak headroom meter and function controls
- Precision three-turn output level attenuator
- Full featured AES/EBU digital audio output
- Noiseless muting via rear panel Mute Jack
- Ramped 48-volt phantom power circuit
- Linear, internal low-noise power supply
- 20dB pad and Phase Reverse are switched by bifurcated gold-contact relays
ABOUT THE DIGITAL SECTION
The A/D converter receives signal from the soft mute stage just prior to the analog output level control and triode output stage. This means you can use BOTH the digital and analog outputs independently, with full and proper calibration of both regardless of the analog output level settings. The analog and digital outputs respond equally to the input gain, low-cut filter, and all front end conditioning effects.
Each channel contains a 20-segment LED headroom meter, making it easy to optimize the performance of the preamplifier. The headroom meter is calibrated in decibels below clipping, where 0 dB is the analog clipping point. This coincides with the A/D converter's maximum input level, so the headroom meter also indicates the digital audio level accurately. Each channel contains its own independent controls over every function.