CHANNEL, Master Preamp and Input Processor, Aphex
With more and more studios foregoing consoles in favor of recording
and mixing in the computer, a clean and versatile front end input stage
is indispensible. There are dozens and dozens of channel strips and
similar devices to choose from, but none that come close to the Channel
by way of sound, features or performance.
The legendary Model 230
has been re-imagined, adding a host of new features to address a
greater number of workflows while retaining the sound, functionality
and versatility that made it one of the most in-demand processors ever
for professional audio, live sound, broadcast and post production.
Channel incorporates seven powerful devices within a compact, single
rack space design, including five of Aphex's exclusive patented
technologies. Together, the result is the highest possible audio
quality, processing power and flexibility available.
front panel not only looks great, but is laid out in an intuitive,
easy-to-use workflow with easy to understand labeling. Building on the
foundation of the Model 230, the Channel features an instrument input,
dedicated output and gain reduction metering, front panel sample rate
and clock source selection, and a reference quality internal clock.
Patented Reflected Plate Amplifier
(RPA) Tube Preamp
- Ultra-wide bandwidth, maximum gain and headroom
- Lower operating temperature than conventional tube designs for longer tube life
- Each unit is individually tuned at the Aphex factory for unparalleled consistency any two units are a matched pair
EasyRider Class A Compressor
- Aphex's patented Wave Dependent Compressor automatically adjusts attack and release times according to program complexity
- No-Knee compression curve circuitry automatically adjusts compression ratio based on program levels
- Includes Aphex's 1001 Class A VCA, used in the Compellor and Dominator
Logic Assisted Gate
- Patented gate technology designed to avoid false triggers, clicks and chattering
- Slit band universal de-esser designed to maintain presence while dramatically reducing sibilance on any voice
- Patented technology for deeper and more resonant bass with little or no increase in peak output
- For the ability to precisely fine tune the all-important midrange between the Big Bottom and Aural Exciter.
- Patented technology for increased presence and clarity with improved detail and intelligibility