Software licenses are Not Returnable or exchangeable, Vienna Symphonic Library does not allow returns on software. If you have any questions about software compatibility or versions Please consult with us prior to purchase .
( note : this products requires Vienna or Steinberg elicenser USB key, which is not included, and is purchased separately)
Elicenser key is available at this link: eLicenser Key
Violin ensemble (20 musicians)
Viola ensemble (14 musicians)
Cello ensemble (12 musicians)
Double bass ensemble (10 musicians)
These muted large string ensembles are a special gem for everybody who is looking for the sweet, Hollywood-type string sound. The sequel to Appassionata Strings I offers almost all of the articulations that the first Collection includes, but played “con sordino”. This is going to be the most lyrical string ensemble in your studio!
As their name suggests, the muted string ensembles are quite simply, passionate. Their broad and emotive cinematic sound defies expectations for a virtual instrument. They integrate perfectly well into a variety of musical styles, from pop environments to symphonic arrangements, from emotional ballads to films, from pure string beds to complete orchestral scores.
The Appassionata Strings II offer various facets of sustains and Legato Performances, but also include articulations such as accented interval notes, spiccatos, staccatos, various Repetition Performances, trills, and much more. They also include Vienna's innovative “out-of-tune-samples” where various players of the ensemble carefully correct their intonation as the tone progresses. Mirroring what actually happens in live orchestral performances, this is a very effective technique for creating heightened realism and expression. The Appassionata Strings' bass section of 10 instruments consists of 6 five-string and 4 four-string basses, giving the low end a deep and rich flavor.
Your purchase also entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- 57.8 GB free hard drive space
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard