Cascade Microphones VIN-JET (Black Body/Nickel Grill) Long Ribbon Microphone
Most intimate, warm, and articulate sound produced by any type of microphone
The Cascade VIN-JET ribbon microphone features a 2 7/16" long ribbon of aluminum suspended in the field of a pair of Neodymium rare earth permanent magnets. When the ribbon is exposed to sound it vibrates within the magnetic field and a tiny current is induced in the ribbon. This current is amplified to produce sound. What makes ribbon microphones so incredibly sensitive and accurate is that the signal comes directly from the material that senses the sound; nothing is lost in translation. The result is the most intimate, warm, and articulate sound produced by any type of microphone. Ribbon microphones are an excellent choice for recording guitar cabinets, drum overheads and vocals.
Offers improved sensitivity and added acoustic treatment within the body (prevents resonating low frequencies)
Neodymium rare earth permanent magnet is a new kind of magnetic material developed in the 1980s with excellent magnetic characteristics in terms of a high-energy product, high coercive force etc. It is the strongest and most powerful magnetic material up to now and regarded as The King of Magnet.
* Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
* Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 2 7/16" (L) X 3/16" (W)
* Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
* Sensitivity: -54.8 dB (1.8 mV/Pa)
* Smooth, natural extended low and high ends
* Fast, accurate transient response
* Wide, extended sweet spots
* 135dB SPL capability
* Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
* Ideal for stereo microphone setups
* Size: 2 1/8" (O.D. grill), 2" (O.D. body)Overall length 8 3/8"
* VIN-JET Long Ribbon Microphone
* Aluminum case
* Premium suspension shockmount
* Thick vinyl storage pouch
* Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
* Specifications and typical measurement report