div style="text-align: center;">
The PCC-170 is a surface-mount supercardioid microphone that is equally adept in the boardroom, at the lectern, or for teleconferencing. It comes with an XLR connector. PCC-170W is the same in white; PCC-170SPP is black with a stereo phone plug; and PCC-170WSPP is white with a stereo phone plug.
The PCC-170SW is the same as the PCC-170, except that it can be programmed for three modes of operation via a silent-operating membrane switch: touch on/off, momentary on, or momentary off. A base-mounted, 1/4-inch stereo phone plug version is also available as the as the PCC-170SWSPP.
The PCC-170SWO includes all the features of the PCC-170SW, and adds remote sensing via a patented opto-coupled MOS switching circuit. A pair of extra leads in the microphone cable allows remote sensing of the switch closure.
Crown's PCC series of Phase Coherent Cardioid microphones are unidirectional boundary microphones that offer exceptional acoustic performance in handsome, low-profile enclosures.
The PCC-160 is the industry-standard stage floor microphone, while the other models provide an elegant solution for discrete multi-mic applications such as lecterns and boardroom tables as well as altar, teleconferencing and distance-learning applications.
Each of the PCC Series microphones employs Crown's Phase Coherent Cardioid boundary microphone technology to provide impressive gain before feedback and directional pickup without sacrificing tonal quality. This results in microphones with a wide, smooth frequency response, free of phase interference from surface sound reflections. And the microphone's sensitivity is boosted 6 dB by the surface mounting.
In the PCC-170SW and PCC-130SW, flexibility is further enhanced by a membrane switch control option for boardroom and lectern applications. This unique, silent operating switch can be configured three ways: touch on/off, momentary on, or momentary off operation.
Crown PCC170 Specifications:
- Type: Phase Coherent Cardioid
- Element: Electret condenser
- Frequency response (typical): 50 Hz to 20,000 Hz at 30 degrees incidence to surface
- Polar pattern: Half-supercardioid (supercardioid in the hemisphere above the primary boundary)
- Impedance: 150 ohms, balanced (recommended load impedance 1000 ohms or greater)
- Open circuit sensitivity (typical): 22 mV/Pa* (-33dB re 1 volt/Pa)
- Power sensitivity: -30.5 dB re 1 mW/Pa*. EIA rating -125 dBm.
- Equivalent noise level (self-noise): 22 dB SPL typical (0 dB = .0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted
- S/N ratio: 72 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL produces 3% THD
- Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Operating voltage: Phantom power, 12 to 48 volts DC on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1
- Current drain: 4 mA nominal
- Connector: Switchcraft TB3M in model PCC-170
- Cable: 15-foot, black, two-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F and A3M(Male XLR) connectors
- Materials: High-impact molded plastic and steel mesh grille
- Finish: PCC-170: black. PCC-170W: off-white
- Net weight: 6 oz. (170 g)
- Dimensions: 8.6 x 12.3 x 2.3 cm
- Optional accessories: Crown PH-1A phantom power supply (single channel, battery or AC adapter powered), Crown PH-4B phantom power supply (4 channels, AC powered)