Based on JoeCo’s award-winning BlackBox Recorder technology, the new BlackBox BBR1MP Recorder is a stand-alone, live, multi-channel audio acquisition solution primarily designed with the broadcast engineer and location sound recordist in mind.
The 24-channel recorder offers all the standard BlackBox features as well as 24 high-quality microphone preamps, operating at up to 24bit/96kHz, which are integrated into the recorder’s tiny 1U housing. The BBR1MP features a range of connection options including individually switchable mic/line inputs and balanced outputs, video sync, timecode and word clock inputs. User installable Dante and MADI interface cards are also available as options, adding 24 channels of Dante or MADI i/o to the BBR1MP unit. Microphones can either be connected to the unit via tails from the rear D-Sub connectors, or via an optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors. System components are available individually or as part of a bundle.
Audio is recorded direct to external USB2 drive in Broadcast WAV format for instant ingest into post production. Alongside the BBR1MP’s multi-channel recording capabilities, provision is included for creating a simultaneous stereo mixdown. Full support for iXML data is also provided.
The BBR1MP will run off a 12V power source. Unused channels and features can be disabled in order to preserve battery life on location. The unit is fully controllable via JoeCoRemote for iPad. This includes the facility to set up individual mic pre channel parameters - level, mic/line, phantom power, hi-pass filter, soft limiter and phase reverse. Levels are shown on high resolution meters and the monitor mix can be adjusted using expandable channel strips with graphic faders, pan, solo, mute and other parameter controls.
The BBR1MP’s compact dimensions, high-quality mic preamps and converters make it a practical, elegant solution for a range of broadcast applications, as well as for live engineers needing a portable multi-channel recording option.
- 24-channel record or playback at up to 24bit/96kHz
- 24 high-quality integrated mic preamps (24bit/96kHz operation)
- Microphone connection via tails from DSub connectors, or optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors
- Runs off 12V power source for location use
- Remote set-up, control and monitoring via JoeCoRemote for iPad
- Multiple connection options: switchable mic/line inputs, balanced outputs
- User installable optional Dante or MADI cards for 24 channels of Dante or MADI i/o
- MADI outputs from a pair of BBR1MPs can be automatically combined into a single 48-channel data stream
- Records standard broadcast WAV files to an external USB2/3 drive. Captured audio material can be imported into any digital workstation for instant re-purposing. No file transfer necessary
- Can also store iXML data in BWAV files
- Synchronisation options: timecode, word clock, video sync
- Simultaneous stereo mixdown during recording
- Safe’n’Sound Record Recovery protects files in case of power failuree