Want a lightweight, great-sounding, easy-to-use stage piano? The Kurzweil SP4-8 gives you Kurzweil's world-class sonic mojo in an affordable, portable package, making available to a new generation of players the same soundset featured in Kurzweil's acclaimed PC3 line of professional keyboards. The SP4-8 won't break the bank - or your back. Weighing a svelte 39 pounds, the SP4-8's chassis leaves a small footprint - giving you the spotlight, instead of your keyboard. And Kurzweil's esteemed hammer-weighted action with velocity sensitive adjustable keys gives you the keyboard feel that has made Kurzweil stage pianos an industry-standard.
Whether onstage or in the studio, you need an instrument that places the crucial features precisely where you need them. The SP4-8's intelligently designed interface makes your life easier by doing just that. Create splits and layers (up to 4 zones) with the touch of a button, select presets and setups from easily accessible category and program buttons, and quickly adjust effects parameters - everything is laid out so you can focus on the important job of making music.
In spite of its affordability, the SP4-8 makes no compromises when it comes to sound. Loaded with 128 programs directly from Kurzweil's PC3 series, the SP4-8 delivers the creme de la creme in virtually every sound category. You get Kurzweil's holy-grail Triple Strike Grand Piano, classic electric pianos, lush strings and orchestral instruments, and top-notch basses, guitars, winds, brass, percussion and drum kits. All this sonic firepower elevates the SP4-8 to the top of the stage piano pantheon.
You get a selection of Kurzweil's signature KB3 organs - with all KB3 parameters accessible via external MIDI control. Further broadening your sonic palette, the SP4 can also load programs created on PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards (within the limits of the SP4's DSP resources), and Kurzweil will offer additional sounds for download on their website as they become available. With its 16-part multitimbral architecture, the SP4-8 is a powerful tool for composing and recording music in conjunction with your favorite DAW.
Effects? The SP4-8 features dozens of pro-quality effects ported straight from the PC3. From flawless concert hall reverbs and crisp delays to powerful distortion and amp simulation effects - the SP4-8 gives you sophisticated tools to add layers of depth and dimension to your music. The most relevant effects parameters are mapped to the SP's Timbre dial, so you can sculpt your sound without descending into menu purgatory.
The Kurzweil SP4-8 is satisfying to play, a breeze to transport - and its sounds are breathtaking. If you're in need of a serious professional stage piano, this one deserves your serious consideration.Kurzweil SP4-8 88-key Stage Piano Features at a Glance:
- Keyboard: 88-note hammer-weighted action with velocity sensitive adjustable keys
- Display: 16 character LCD w/ front-panel contrast adjust
- Polyphony: 64 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Quick Split/Layer: Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 4 zones)
- Factory Presets: 128 (taken from the acclaimed PC3 sound set, including select KB3 organs and KVA synths)
- User Presets: 64
- Factory MIDI Setups: 64
- User MIDI Setups: 64 (with 4 programmable zones for splits and layers)
- Effects: Dozens of complex effect chains taken from the PC3, with everything from concert hall reverbs to amplifier simulations and rotary effects
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 1 front panel knob, 1 stereo switch-pedal input (supports two pedals with Y connector), 1 continuous control pedal input
- Analog Outputs: Two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: Complete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/setup file transfer: to/from Mac/PC
- Operating System updates: From Mac/PC
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB
- FREE Sounds: The SP4 can also load programs created on Kurzweil's PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards (within the limits of the SP4's DSP resources). Additional sounds will also be available for download on Kurzweil's website (loaded over USB)
- Power: External 15VDC 1.0A power supply
- Height: Rear = 5.5", Front = 3.25"
- Depth: 13"
- Length: 55.13"
- Weight: 39 lbs