C20:8X - 8-Channel Class TD Amplifier, Lab Gruppen
3 year Factory Warranty
C 20:8X - Introduction
The C 20:8X is the most powerful eight-channel amplifier in the C Series family, delivering an impressive 8 × 250 W* at 4 ohms, 8 ohms, 16 ohms or 70 Vrms; 500 W at 100 Vrms is available in bridge mode.
The C 20:8X is one of four C…X models in the C Series, each uniquely suited for a range of installed applications with relatively lower power output requirements. C…X models share most features of the original (higher power) C Series models, and they share the same compact, lightweight 2U chassis. However, the C…X models are offered in both four- and eight-channel versions, offering even greater channel density and installation flexibility. Also, because the unique benefits of Class TD® are more applicable at higher power levels, the C…X models employ a cost-efficient proprietary Class D output design. Other features unique to C…X models include a universal power supply, selectable 35 Hz high-pass filter, and built-in GPIO control facilities.
C 20:8X Series amplifiers are uniquely capable of adapting to a wide variety of demanding load conditions. Each channel has an individually configurable Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL™), which allows the output to be optimized for any loudspeaker load – whether a single large subwoofer or a series of small 70 V loudspeakers (100 V in bridge mode). VPL works in combination with adjustable input gain (adjustable in 4-channel blocks) to achieve maximum headroom regardless of input levels or output impedances. Additionally a 35 Hz high pass filter may be inserted in each 4-channel section.
Every C Series amplifier is ready for the NomadLink® network right out of the box. With NomadLink, key amplifier parameters are displayed via DeviceControl software, and remote control of channel mutes and power on/off is under network control.
GPIO facilities – provided exclusively on C…X models – allow access to key amplifier functions such as power on/off and fault reporting.
* Maximum continuous output power, all 8 channels driven, VPL set at 100 V and Gain set at 32 dB.
Tech Spec Overview
- Eight channels in 2U – Extremely high channel density reduces space requirements and installation time
- High continuous output power of 250 W per channel at 70 V, 4 ohms, 8 ohms, and 16 ohms*
- All channels individually selectable for lo-Z or hi-Z Loudspeakers
(2 ohm – 16 ohm) and distributed systems can be connected to the same
- Bridged operation – Channel pairs bridgeable for increased output or for driving 100 V systems
- Patented output stage based on Class D topology
- High efficiency for lower thermal stress
- General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) – Compatible with third-party control systems
- NomadLink® network ready
- Universal Power Factor Corrected PSU with IEC inlet
- Efficient cooling – Dual variable speed, intelligent fans and parallel airflow over output devices provide uniform cooling
- Comprehensive circuit protection and fault indication
- Phoenix-style input connectors and barrier strip output connectors