Lab Gruppen Lucia 120/2M, 2-Channel Power Amplifier
LUCIA – Why might a decentralized approach work for you?
With LUCIA, Lab.gruppen brings significantly better audio performance and more flexibility to everyday AV applications, with real benefits for both the end-user and the audio contractor. LUCIA is a first for Lab.gruppen in providing an alternative solution to amplification and processing. This ‘decentralized’ approach to AV systems design puts power, processing, control and I/O exactly where it’s needed. Rather than conventional distributed (70 V / 100 V, often referred to as ‘constant voltage’) approach, where all amplifiers, processing and matrixes are located centrally in equipment room racks, often far removed from the end use (and the loudspeakers in those spaces), LUCIA packages all of that in one compact unit – designed to be installed locally, at the heart of any dedicated application.
The benefits include better sound reproduction (no transformers), greater user flexibility (giving local inputs and some zone control), and potentially avoiding the need (expense) for a separate AV equipment room, as well as being far easier to install and set-up for great results – saving time and money.
Bringing great sound to everyday experiences.
At the heart of LUCIA (Localized Utility Compact Intelligent Amplification) is its ingenious DSP and advanced limiter design – ensuring great sounding results, no matter what and providing a more dynamic listening experience, and more satisfying environment to be in. LUCIA is about simplicity. Removing the complications and compromises of traditional centralized audio systems, LUCIA brings truly exceptional sound quality, ease of use and flexibility to those everyday experiences where it matters most: restaurants and entertainment venues, retail, corporate boardrooms and classrooms.
Great results, quickly and easily.
LUCIA has been designed and engineered with quick install and very easy setup in mind. Each unit comes supplied with a wall-mount bracket allowing for discreet on-wall location (such as behind video displays) but can also be located close to wherever it needs to be in the room – such as next to projector or integrated into a reception counter, podium & lectern or bar area. All connections are via Euroblock screw terminals (also RCA phono inputs shared with channel 1 and 2), and level setting is available on front-panel potentiometers. Advanced circuitry protects the amplifier and connected loudspeakers from potential damage caused by clipping, thermal overload, or extreme low line voltage. The base models require no configuration whatsoever, with all DSP features fully automated (multi-band compressor, look-ahead limiter and load detection for optimized power output).
LUCIA packs big features into a small box
- Innovative DSP front-end on all models – Unique multi-band compressor and look-ahead limiter design to ensure no audible clipping for great sounding results, all the time
- Auto Load Sense (ALS™) – Proprietary auto-set Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL™) for optimum performance with any connected load, delivering maximum output power into 8, 4 or 2 ohms (2 × 60 W LUCIA 120/2 or 2 × 120 W on LUCIA 240/2)
- Advanced DSP** – Featuring Automatic Dynamic Loudness Contouring (ADLC) delivers “fuller” and more satisfying listening experience – especially at low perceived levels
- Energy Star qualified – Conforms to green building standards and latest Energy Star specifications
- Configuration Software** – Windows and Mac software wizard for initial set-up, advanced editor for preset configuration (connection via USB)
- 4 × 4 mix matrix (Note **) – Route internally to amplifier or to line-level outputs
- Comprehensive DSP features – Per-channel presets for high-pass filter (Note **), parametric EQ (Note **), multi-band compressor, look ahead limiter
- Configuration Software (Note **) – Windows and Mac software wizard for initial setup, advanced editor for preset configuration (connection via USB)
- Default preset mode – Works out of the box for common applications with no configuration
- GPIO – Remote control (eg. Wall panel) for channel switching, level – integration with paging systems
- Compact form factor – Half-rack, 1U chassis and supplied bracket for discreet on-wall mounting
- Efficient Class D amplifier – Patented design
- Fail-safe operation – Comprehensive short circuit, thermal, and under-voltage protection
- Balanced and unbalanced (RCA) inputs – Connects to any input source
- Universal power supply – Operates at 100 -240 V AC (50 or 60 Hz)
- Auto standby and wake-up – Standby power consumption less than 1 W
- Intelligent fan control – Silent operation in idle and at lower output levels
- Sturdy metal chassis – Protection for long-term durability
- CE, CSA, CCC and PSE approvals (Note 2) – Conforms to building codes worldwide
Note ** – LUCIA ’M’ models only (LUCIA 120/2M and 240/2M)