LCT 940 - Tube/FET Microphone, Lewitt
Reference Class Tube/FET Lewitt Microphone
Sound professionals naturally rely on a set of different high-end microphones in order to get the best out of their sound. But changing microphones and adjusting settings takes valuable time, the creative flow of a session is interrupted. With its new Authentica series flagship LCT 940, LEWITT now introduces a microphone that will revolutionize modern studio recording procedures and help engineers and artists to react more quickly to a desired change of style and sound.
The LCT 940 combines the specific characteristics of a premium large-diaphragm FET condenser microphone and a top-notch tube microphone in one housing. Basically, users can choose between the two main settings "FET" and "Tube". Yet the decisive factor here is that the LCT 940 features both a tube-based impedance and a FET-based impedance converter. These two signal paths have been incorporated separately and work independently of each other.
"Tube" delivers the classic, warm and rich tube sound, while "FET" stands for the clear, exceptionally rich and nuanced sound LEWITT condenser mics are renowned for. However, the LCT 940 offers another unique feature that true recording enthusiasts will swoon over: As the characteristics of the two main settings can be mixed and merged continuously variable, the LCT 940 opens up huge creative possibilities for artists and producers.
Furthermore, the LCT 940 features a total of nine different polar patterns – our five "standard" polar patterns omni-directional, cardioid, figure-8, wide- and super-cardioid and four additional intermediate patterns. The microphone features three levels of attenuation and three switchable low-cut frequencies, LEDs and pushbuttons for noiseless handling on the PSU. Automatic attenuation and clipping history round off the outstanding featurelist of the LCT 940.
Rich in advanced technological features, the LCT 940 opens up a new dimension of sound reproduction in demanding professional studio applications. Its unrivaled set of qualities makes this microphone a must-have for recording pros who strive for nothing less than perfection.
- Combines tube and FET impedance converters in one mic housing delivering maximum creative freedom
- High-precision 1-inch capsule combined with a dual triode tube ensures beautifully detailed, smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- Wide dynamic range of 128 dB-A (Tube) / 135 dB-A (FET) and extremely low self-noise of 12 dB-A (Tube) / 8 dB-A (FET)
- Continuously variable switching and merging of the tube-based and the FET-based impedance converter via a rotating potentiometer
- Nine directional characteristics – cardioid, omni-directional, figure-8, broad-cardioid, super-cardioid and four intermediate patterns – for perfect fine-tuning and maximum flexibility
- User-friendly jog-dial for selecting the desired polar pattern
- Solid die-cast body with a stylish, specially coated inspection window for optimal protection against electromagnetic interference
- Noiseless pushbuttons for attenuation and HPF selection
- Key-lock, clipping history and automatic attenuation
- Illuminated user interface for quick and easy handling
- Comes in an elegant black aluminium case with foam layers; includes PSU 940 power supply unit with full-metal housing and milled, anodized black aluminium front, LCT 40 SHxx shock mount, LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors to connect microphone to the PSU, LCT 40 Wxx windscreen, User Manual, Poster, Warranty Card, Sticker
- Demanding studio applications
- Acoustic instruments