The new Aurora line of digital audio converters from Lynx Studio Technology offers unprecedented audio quality and control in single-rack space eight and sixteen channel models. The Aurora 8 and Aurora 16 feature 192 kHz analog to digital and digital to analog conversion with front panel control of all routing and sample rate options. Extended functions in Aurora are accessible via computer with the Lynx AES16 or by infrared using compatible laptops and handheld Pocket PCs. The rear panel has Clock and MIDI In and Out connectors and an LSlot bay, for the optional use of ADAT, Firewire and other audio interfaces.
- Aurora 8: Simultaneous 8 Channel Analog I/O and 8 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- Aurora 16: Simultaneous 16 Channel Analog I/O and 16 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- 24 Bit / 192 kHz Mastering Quality A/D and D/A conversion
- 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O Supporting Single and Dual Wire Modes
- Single Rack Space Configuration
- Extensive Remote Control Capability via Lynx AES16, IrDA and MIDI
- LSlot Expansion Slot for Firewire, ADAT, and Future Interface Options
- On-board Digital Mixer Provides Flexible I/O Routing
- Word clock I/O with Lynx SynchroLock Jitter Reduction Technology
Aurora 16 and Aurora 8 are 16 and 8 channel 24-bit/192 kHz analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog converters in a single-space rack-mount case. Representing Lynx Studio Technology's first rack-mount product, Aurora was developed using the next generation of Lynx acclaimed conversion technology and rock-solid digital interface circuitry. Both units are identical in features and specifications except for the number of I/O channels.
Aurora provides professional I/O interfaces for ease of installation in most studios and live sound applications. The analog I/O is electronically balanced and supports both +4dBU and -10dBV nominal levels. The AES digital I/O is transformer coupled and is capable of driving 500 feet of cable at 192kHz. Both dual and single-wire AES channel modes are supported.
Aurora's ergonomically designed front panel provides easy access to important controls and signal status. Unique to this product class, Aurora also offers extensive remote control capability. All front panel features as well as other low-level options can be controlled from the Lynx AES16 digital interface card on Windows and Macintosh platforms; a Pocket PC or laptop via infrared; MIDI; or an LSlot interface card. Multiple remote set-up configurations can be stored and recalled.
The on-board 32-channel digital mixer provides extensive routing and mixing options. Acting as a powerful patch bay style digital router, Aurora can easily route signals between analog and digital inputs on a channel-by-channel basis. Mixing capability on each output also provides flexible zero latency monitoring.
The LSlot expansion port accepts cards that provide compatibility with current and emerging digital interface standards, including Firewire, ADAT, and others. In addition to soon-to-be released LSlot cards, the LSlot port is compatible with existing Lynx LStream cards including the LS-ADAT and LS-AES.
Lynx's proprietary SynchroLock jitter reduction technology, from the AES16, is also included. This exclusive feature provides extreme jitter reduction of up to 3000:1, allowing Aurora to output an extremely clean clock output for driving the digital audio system.
All analog and digital connections use DB25 connectors with industry standard pin-outs which are compatible with off-the-shelf cables from manufacturers such as Mogami, ProCo, Hosa and others.LT-HD option card
Avid has made great improvements with the HDX card and Pro Tools 10. The new LT-HDx firmware update for the LT-HD card allows current and new Aurora owners to get the most out of their Pro Tools HDX or Native equipped studio. Emulation of the HD I/O delay allows the ability to use Lynx and Avid hardware in the same system with sample accuracy.
New features include:
• Two modes of Avid HD I/O emulation: 32-channel mode provides two instances of the 8 x 8 x 8 analog and digital in and out model, 16-channel mode provides one instance of the 16 x 16 analog in and out model.
• Emulation of HD I/O delay times to ensure accurate delay compensation within Pro Tools. No manual adjustments needed.
• Improved internal clock management provides compatibility with changes in Avid hardware.
Thousands of studios worldwide have adopted Aurora converters as their standard, for its pristine audio quality, versatility and value. This update for the LT-HD card gives even more versatility to Aurora.
Lynx has always been committed to long-term support of our customers’ needs. Current owners of LT-HD equipped Aurora converters can update to the LT-HDx functionality at no charge with a simple firmware update. New hardware is not required.
Easily installed in Aurora’s LSlot bay, the LT-HD allows Aurora converters to be used in all current ProTools|HD systems. Connected via Digilink cables to HD Core, Accel Core, HDX or Native cards, Pro Tools recognizes the Aurora converter and controls all input and output functions, clocking, routing and other settings. One LT-HD equipped Aurora 16 can provide up to 32 channels of analog to digital and digital to analog conversion.
This is a truly plug and play system. LT-HD’s hardware and on-board software streamline installation and set-up, bringing Aurora audio quality and channel count to the ProTools system. LT-HD provides signal latency identical to that of the Avid converter for accurate delay compensation within ProTools - no manual delay adjustments are required.
The LT-HD contains one Primary and one Expansion DigiLink port. Aurora supports full channel count at sample rates up to 192 kHz. You do not lose half of your channels at higher sample rates and you do not need to purchase additional expensive modules for full channel counts. Pro Tools users can now benefit from Lynx’s exclusive SynchroLock™ word clock for very low jitter and low distortion of digital signals.
- One Primary and one Expansion DigiLink port
- Up to 32 channels of analog and digital I/O per HD Core or Accel Core, HDX or Native card possible with one Aurora 16
- Supports full channel count at sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Offers audio signal latency identical to that of the Avid HD I/O™ for accurate delay compensation within Pro Tools - no manual delay adjustments required
- Allows I/O functions for parameter control to be controlled and monitored within ProTools
- Interfaces with HD system using standard DigiLink cables
- Allows daisy-chaining of multiple Aurora converters and other DigiLink devices via Expansion port
- Lynx proprietary SynchroLock™ technology can be used to reduce jitter when Aurora is a clock slave or to provide stable, low jitter clock to downstream devices
- Easily installed into Aurora
- RoHS compliant
- Designed and manufactured in the USA by Lynx Studio Technology, Inc