Note: AES-DB25 connections are using Yamaha digital Format. Analog DB25 connections are using Tascam Format.
The new Aurora™ line of digital audio converters from Lynx Studio Technology offers unprecedented audio quality and control in single-rack space eight and sixteen channel models. The Aurora 8™ and Aurora 16™ feature 192 kHz analog to digital and digital to analog conversion with front panel control of all routing and sample rate options. Extended functions in Aurora are accessible via computer with the Lynx AES16 or by infrared using compatible laptops and handheld Pocket PCs. The rear panel has Clock and MIDI In and Out connectors and an LSlot bay, for the optional use of ADAT, Firewire and other audio interfaces.
- Aurora 8: Simultaneous 8 Channel Analog I/O and 8 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- Aurora 16: Simultaneous 16 Channel Analog I/O and 16 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- 24 Bit / 192 kHz Mastering Quality A/D and D/A conversion
- 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O Supporting Single and Dual Wire Modes
- Single Rack Space Configuration
- Extensive Remote Control Capability via Lynx AES16, IrDA and MIDI
- LSlot™ Expansion Slot for Firewire, ADAT, and Future Interface Options
- On-board Digital Mixer Provides Flexible I/O Routing
- Word clock I/O with Lynx SynchroLock™ Jitter Reduction Technology
Aurora 16 and Aurora 8 are 16 and 8 channel 24-bit/192 kHz analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog converters in a single-space rack-mount case. Representing Lynx Studio Technology's first rack-mount product, Aurora was developed using the next generation of Lynx acclaimed conversion technology and rock-solid digital interface circuitry. Both units are identical in features and specifications except for the number of I/O channels.
Aurora provides professional I/O interfaces for ease of installation in most studios and live sound applications. The analog I/O is electronically balanced and supports both +4dBU and -10dBV nominal levels. The AES digital I/O is transformer coupled and is capable of driving 500 feet of cable at 192kHz. Both dual and single-wire AES channel modes are supported.
Aurora's ergonomically designed front panel provides easy access to important controls and signal status. Unique to this product class, Aurora also offers extensive remote control capability. All front panel features as well as other low-level options can be controlled from the Lynx AES16 digital interface card on Windows and Macintosh platforms; a Pocket PC or laptop via infrared; MIDI; or an LSlot interface card. Multiple remote set-up configurations can be stored and recalled.
The on-board 32-channel digital mixer provides extensive routing and mixing options. Acting as a powerful patch bay style digital router, Aurora can easily route signals between analog and digital inputs on a channel-by-channel basis. Mixing capability on each output also provides flexible zero latency monitoring.
The LSlot expansion port accepts cards that provide compatibility with current and emerging digital interface standards, including Firewire, ADAT, and others. In addition to soon-to-be released LSlot cards, the LSlot port is compatible with existing Lynx LStream cards including the LS-ADAT and LS-AES.
Lynx's proprietary SynchroLock™ jitter reduction technology, from the AES16, is also included. This exclusive feature provides extreme jitter reduction of up to 3000:1, allowing Aurora to output an extremely clean clock output for driving the digital audio system.
All analog and digital connections use DB25 connectors with industry standard pin-outs which are compatible with off-the-shelf cables from manufacturers such as Mogami, ProCo, Hosa and others.
The LT-USB is an LSlot interface for the Aurora 8 and Aurora 16 A/D D/A converters that provides digital input and output to desktop and portable computers using USB 2.0 ports. Both Mac and Windows computers are supported.
Now you can get a preinstalled LT-USB for $200 in savings when you purchase a new Aurora 8 or Aurora 16. See your retailer or distributor for details.
Ideal for quick connect and portable applications, the LT-USB allows up to 16 input and output channels at up to 96 kHz, and 8 channels at 192 kHz. When used with popular recording, audio production and mastering applications, the LT-USB allows Aurora’s compact size to be an integral part of a compact mobile studio.
$395.00 Buy Now »
- One USB Device port, using USB 2.0 protocol
- Class compliant USB Audio 2.0 high speed card
- Field upgradable over USB
- Supports 16 I/O channels at 96 kHz (Aurora 16), 8 I/O channels at 192 kHz (Aurora 8). All bidirectional.
- Compatible with Macintosh OS X 10.6.4 and up
- Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7, 32 and 64 bit drivers
- Utilizes Lynx Studio Technology’s proprietary SynchroLock™ technology to virtually eliminate USB bus jitter when slaving Aurora to USB
- Easily installed into Aurora
- Controlled from the Aurora Remote Control (ARC) application that ships with LT-USB
- US Suggested Retail Price $395. RoHS compliant
- Designed and manufactured in the USA by Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
- Specifications subject to change without notice