Designed to be compatible with both OS X and Windows, MOTU's Digital Performer 8 64-bit DAW software gives you more powerful music creation and audio recording tools than ever before! MOTU designed Digital Performer 8 to let you record, edit, and mix music intuitively, combining new plug-ins and powerful processors with the versatile software environment many of the wold's top music professionals have depended on for decades. With Digital Performer 8, you're in control of your environment, giving you the flexibility to work any way you like. Step up to MOTU Digital Performer 8, and discover your real creative potential!
A professional choice for film scoring, post-production, and music recording
Since 1990, MOTU's Digital Performer has been a staple of the film and music production industry - and for good reason! From its straightforward, tape-style recording layout to its advanced MIDI implementation and scoring capabilities, few other DAWs can claim as comprehensive a feature set as Digital Performer. And in Digital Performer 8, MOTU upped the ante again. Advanced realtime processors, enhanced music notation functions, and added flexibility all make it easier than ever to take your ideas and turn them into perfectly polished productions with Digital Performer 8.
64-bit, cross-platform compatibility lets you run this amazing DAW on any computer
By far the most groundbreaking upgrade in Digital Performer 8 is its redesigned 64-bit, cross-platform compatibility. That's right, the long-time Mac-only Digital Performer DAW is now available for both Mac and PC operating systems! But that's not all. While they were at it, MOTU redesigned Digital Performer 8 be 64-bit compatible as well, giving you access to the full power of your samplers, virtual instruments, and other RAM-intensive plug-ins.
Loaded with more incredible plug-ins and virtual instruments than ever before
Speaking of plug-ins, MOTU certainly didn't skimp when they put together Digital Performer 8. This DAW comes loaded with tons of amazing content. In addition to six amazing virtual instruments and suite of powerhouse effects processors, Digital Performer includes over a dozen fantastic new plug-ins. Among these are the Springamabob spring reverb and a fun modeled analog delay effect, plus a handful of new guitar amp and stompbox models. Digital Performer 8 also introduces MOTU's new multiband dynamic EQ, Subkick bass enhancer, and many other powerful processors.
MOTU's Punch Guard preroll and postroll recording saves good takes from bad timing
We've all done it before. You're recording a punch or fresh track, and the artist jumps the gun, causing you miss the leading edge of the first note. Fixing the track takes a lot of time, and you still lose what woud have been a great take. That's why MOTU created Digital Performer 8's Punch Guard feature. With Punch Guard enabled, Digital Performer 8 automatically records the four seconds before and after you start tracking, allowing you to simply adjust your in and out points later if you accidentally cut anything off.
Customize your environment to comfortably fit the needs of your workflow
MOTU's Digital Performer has always been one of the most customizable DAWs out there, allowing you to arrange its windows and and user interface in the way that best suits your needs. In Digital Performer 8, this flexibility gets even more advanced. Digital Performer 8's upgraded video engine lets you view full 720p or 1080p HD video clips on either your primary or secondary display. You also get 14 new color themes to choose from, including Hi-Fi, Arctic, and None More Black.
MOTU Digital Performer 8 DAW Software Features:
- NEW - Cross-platform compatibility - runs on both Mac and PC operating systems
- NEW - 64-bit operating system support (includes support for 32-bit operating systems as well)
- NEW - Guitar amp, cabinet, and stompbox models
- NEW - Modeled analog delay, multiband dynamic equalizer, de-esser, Springamabob spring reverb, Subkick kick drum enhancer, and other plug-in processors
- NEW - Punch Guard automatic preroll/postroll recording prevents cutoff recordings from ruining takes
- NEW - Enhanced video engine lets you view full 720 or 1080 HD video clips on your main or secondary monitor
- NEW - 14 extra themes, including Hi-Fi, Arctic, and None More Black
- Award-winning DAW software that's perfect for recording audio, scoring music, and arranging sound for post-production
- Powerful audio recording and MIDI sequencing that's only limited by your computer's capabilities
- Flexible user interface lets you create and arrange your own environment to best suit your workflow
- Consolidated window options let you instantly switch between complete layouts
- Color themes let you change the look of your workspace with a single click
- DP Control app for iOS devices gives you wireless control over your session
- Track folders make managing your elaborate projects easy
- Meter Bridge gives you a quick overview of all of your levels
- MIDI Keys lets you trigger MIDI notes without an external MIDI controller - perfect for on-the-go editing with a laptop
- Audio Click lets you customize the sound and nature of your click track
- Nondestructive track comping lets you easily organize and manage multiple takes on a single track
- Advanced editing tools let you dive into every aspect of your project for fine editing
- Built-in waveform editor gives you the ability to edit audio at its most basic level with absolute control
- Inline mixing layout makes controlling levels, adding plug-ins, and setting up monitoring easy
- 64-bit mastering tools include MasterWorks Limiter, Multi-Band Compressor, Leveler and Parametric EQ
- Built-in pitch automation lets you add pitch correction and pitch-based effects
- Automatic beat detection simplifies tempo mapping and beat quantization
- Supports VST and AU plug-ins as well as ReWire MIDI and audio interchange
- Plug-in effects include guitar amp and stompbox modeling, as well as processors for equalization, dynamics, reverb, and more
- Virtual instruments include 4 x synths, a sampler, and a drum module
- QuickScribe Music Notation gives you accurate real-time MIDI transcription and advanced tools for fine tuning your score
- Sample-accurate timing and synchronization also makes DP perfect for live effent triggering
- AAF, OMF, XML file Interchange options make collaboration easy