UltraLite mk3 Hybrid - FireWire/USB2 Audio Interface, MOTU
The Ultralite-mk3 Hybrid is MOTU's most
compact and versatile audio interface, featuring hybrid FireWire/USB2
connectivity to your Mac or Windows computer, on-board mixing and
effects, superb sound and reliable performance.
As the first-ever "hybrid" audio interface of its kind, the
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid provides flexible and mobile operation via
FireWire or hi-speed USB2 connectivity to a Mac or PC computer, with
professional audio quality at samples rates up to 192 kHz and plenty of
I/O, including two mic/instrument inputs, six line-level analog inputs,
ten channels of analog output, stereo S/PDIF and a stereo headphone
Housed in a rugged, compact enclosure you can take anywhere, the
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with
or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid provides 10 separate inputs and 14 separate
Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars,
synths, keyboards, drum machines, effects processors and even MIDI
devices. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs
using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer with no
latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware
DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses
independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with lengths up
to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 7-band parametric EQ
featuring filter types carefully modeled after British analog console
EQs. Choose between two forms of compression: a conventional compressor
and the Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical
compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
After programming the on-board mixing in the studio, unplug the
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid from the computer and take it on the road for
operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. All mixing and effects
parameters are adjustable using the front panel backlit LCD.
The UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid provides cross-platform compatibility with
Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based
effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included
AudioDesk workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing
and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity connect to your computer via either bus-powered FireWire or hi-speed USB2.
FX flexible 10 input/14 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects,
including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every
input and output.
- 10 inputs / 14 outputs there's no channel sharing in
the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid; the mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and
main outs are all handled as separate channels.
- Classic Reverb provides five different room types,
three frequency shelves with adjustable crossover points, shelf
filtering and reverb lengths up to 60 seconds.
- Two forms of compression a standard compressor with
conventional threshold/ratio/attack/release/gain controls and the
Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor,
which provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
- Modeled EQ provides 7-band parametric EQ modeled
after British analog console EQs, featuring 4 filter styles (gain/Q
profiles) to effectively cover a wide range of audio material. LP and
HP filters are also supplied with slopes that range from 6 to 36 dB.
- CueMix FX cross-platform mixing software attractive
graphic mixing, graphic editing of parametric EQ and a convenient
tabbed interface for quick access to all features in one window. Also
provides full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall"
display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot and linear or polar phase analysis.
- Front-panel control access any setting in your entire UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid mix directly from the front panel.
return" stream allows users to record or mix UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid
reverb output separately in their DAW. Effects can also be applied when
the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is operating stand-alone (without a computer)
as a complete stand-alone mixer.
- Stand-alone operation program your mixes at the
studio and then bring the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid to your gig no
computer needed. Just plug in the included power adapter and you are
ready to go. Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit
LCD and front-panel controls.
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes for example, create
different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or add
send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency.
- Two combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4 guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain.
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
Digital Trim Digitally controlled analog trim on all analog inputs
(mic/guitar inputs + quarter-inch TRS inputs) provides accurate
adjustements in 1 dB increments. Fine-tune the balance of your analog
inputs and then save/recall trim configurations.
- Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) a DSP-driven phase
lock engine and internal clock source that produces imperceptibly low
jitter characteristics (below the noise floor), even when the
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is resolved to an external clock source via SMPTE
- Time code support directly resolves to (or generates)
time code via any quarter-inch input or output, without the need for an
- Sample-accurate MIDI connect a MIDI controller and/or
sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is
sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
- Separate TRS main outs with front panel volume control.
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out.
drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and
Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the
Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects
processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or USB2.
- Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available.
- Front panel headphone jack with volume control.
FireWire operation. No need for external power when operating as a
FireWire interface connected to a computer. A power supply is included
for stand-alone operation.