Introducing the TD-1 (tm) Recording Channel. TWIN DIRECT is a compact yet sophisticated analog "channel strip" for microphones, electric guitars and basses, acoustic instrument transducers, keyboards, DAWs, and all MIDI systems. TWIN DIRECT includes Millennia's acclaimed HV-3 microphone preamplifier, making TD-1 an uncompromised front-end for virtually any audio recording application. Some have called TD-1 a Mini-Origin
Audio engineers no longer need to chose between tube front-end or solid state front-end. TWIN DIRECT's instrument input employs Twin Topology? ~ Millennia's innovative merging of vacuum tube and solid state circuit topologies. TWIN DIRECT offers a high voltage 100% vacuum tube instrument amplifier -or- transparent 100% discrete F.E.T. solid state instrument amplifier in the same indestructable military-grade chassis. Both topologies can be switch selected and musically tuned via three selectable input impedances (470K / 2M / 10M). Up to 65 dB of adjustable microphone and instrument gain is available via front-panel control.
A simultaneous pair of patented REAMP? outputs allow TD-1 to emulate both Les Paul and Strat pickups (Les Paul himself plays through a Millennia Origin). REAMP causes the guitar amplifier to think it's connected to a high impedance passive guitar pickup, instead of a very low impedance (and much too clean) active tape recorder or digital workstation output. Millennia's uncompromised DIT-01 mic-level DI output transformer (Frequency Response -3 dB @ 3 Hz & 300 kHz) is also included.
Recording directly from any guitar amplifier is now possible with Millennia's innovative Speaker Soak? technology. Simply connect any parallel speaker output (300W max) and start recording the authentic character of your guitar amplifier output under true dynamic speaker loading. An audiophile-grade headphone output with separate level control is also provided for pre-auditioning.
A fully sweepable NSEQ-style parametric equalizer (20 Hz - 25 kHz) provides an unlimited range of adjustable tonality. NSEQ is the same equalizer used by top mastering facilities around the globe. Ultra-transparent NSEQ bands are provided for high-resolution audio sculpting of instruments such as guitars, bass, and keyboards, or artistic and corrective work ~ adding "air" and "punch," removing "mud," and so forth ~ all with the smooth and artifact-free audio qualities for which NSEQ is well respected.
TD-1 Product Highlights
- HV-3 DISCRETE HYBRID MICROPHONE & INSTRUMENT PREAMPLIFIER (+65 dB Gain - more on rqst)
- HIGH VOLTAGE 100% VACUUM TUBE INSTRUMENT INPUT + VARIABLE IMPEDANCE (470K to 10M)
- 100% DISCRETE SOLID-STATE INSTRUMENT INPUT + VARIABLE IMPEDANCE (470K to 10M)
- CLASS-A, 100% DISCRETE, DC-COUPLED LINE OUTPUT AMPLIFIER STAGE (-105 dB NOISE)
- NSEQ-STYLE FULLY PARAMETRIC DUAL BAND EQUALIZER (FULL SWEEP 20 Hz - 25 kHz)
- MILLENNIA DIT-01 DI OUTPUT TRANSFORMER (-3 dB @ 3 Hz & 300 kHz)
- PATENTED REAMP? LES PAUL? & STRATOCASTER? GUITAR SIMULATION OUTPUTS (2)
- SPEAKER SOAK? DIRECT GUITAR AMPLIFIER INPUT TECHNOLOGY
- INTERNAL 50V & 200V HIGH VOLTAGE AUDIO PATH RAILS (LESS THAN .0005% THD)
- AUDIOPHILE-GRADE 1/4" HEADPHONE OUTPUT WITH INDIVIDUAL LEVEL CONTROL
- MUSICALLY RICH VINTAGE DI VACUUM TUBE AVAILABLE
- INPUT / OUTPUT / POWER GROUND-LIFT SWITCHES ~ TOTAL HUM ELIMINATION
- INDESTRUCTABLE STEEL CHASSIS WITH (removable) LEATHER CARRYING HANDLE
- EFFORTLESS, LIFELIKE MUSICAL PERFORMANCE AT ALL DYNAMIC LEVELS (+32 dB OUTPUT)
- OVERSIZE RUBBER FEET (removable) ~ TAKES BIG ABUSE ON STAGE & STUDIO FLOOR
- BUILT-IN COUPLING HARDWARE FOR TD-1 STEREO PAIR IN 19" RACK
- WORLDWIDE INTERNAL TOROID POWER, SWITCHABLE 100 / 120 / 220 / 240 VAC
- GOLD CONNECTORS, GOLD TUBE SOCKETS, 100,000,000 CYCLE GOLD RELAYS
- SILVER / TEFLON POWER WIRING, NEGLEX OXYGEN-FREE AUDIO WIRING
- COMPONENTRY SOURCED FROM THE WORLD'S FINEST MANUFACTURERS
- GLOVE FITTED, PADDED CORDURA NYLON LOGO GIG BAG AVAILABLE
- CONSTRUCTED FOR VINTAGE LONGEVITY, COSMETICALLY APPEALING
Use as much or as little signal processing as you desire. TWIN DIRECT's main signal path employs 100% discrete circuitry from input to output for critical sonic transparency and wide dynamic range. Switch in any number of additional processing features for enhanced utility and innovative functionality. Useful features such as polarity reversal (on all inputs), relay controlled -20 dB auto-balanced PAD (on all inputs), three ground lift switches + isolations (power / input / output), logic-controlled switch mutes, and worldwide internal toroidal power supply (user selectable 100V - 240V) provide enhanced versatility.
The TD-1 TWIN DIRECT has four available audio inputs:
- Line Input (XLR)
- HV-3 Mic Preamp Input (XLR)
- DI Instrument Input (1/4")
- Power Amplifier / Speaker Soak[TM] Input (1/4")
All inputs are followed by the NSEQ parametric equalizer. Numerous routing, output, and grounding options round out the TD-1, including nine simultaneous audio outputs and distribution points:
- REAMP Stratocaster (filtered) Guitar Simulation (1/4" phone)
- REAMP Les Paul (linear) Guitar Simulation (1/4" phone)
- Balanced Line Level Output (XLR)
- Unbalanced Line Level Output (XLR)
- Balanced Mic Level Output (XLR transformer-coupled)
- Balanced Line Level Output (1/4" phone)
- Unbalanced Line Level Output (1/4" phone)
- Headphone Output (1/4" phone with gain control)
- Direct "pass-through" Output (1/4" phone)
TWIN DIRECT remains absolutely faithful to Millennia's reputation for sonic accuracy and broad audio functionality ~ the consummate solution to virtually any front-end stage, broadcast, or recording studio application.
Click here for more information