Presonus AIR18s - 18" Active Subwoofer
AIR18s: Powerful, clear, accurate low end.
Designed to complement any full-range PA loudspeaker and a perfect companion for the PreSonus® AIR10, AIR12, and AIR15, the AIR18s subwoofer delivers a powerful, clear, and accurate low-end punch. With its 18-inch low-frequency transducer, driven by 1,200 watts of Class D power, it provides plenty of detailed bottom end—all the way down to 35 Hz. Yet it is portable and well suited for mobile applications, as well as installed systems.
Extensive controls enable customized performance.
Since each venue has unique acoustics and each application makes different demands on a sound system, we’ve equipped AIR-series subwoofers with easy-to-use controls and signal-processing presets. Set your subwoofers for normal front-of-house use or get an even bigger low-end with the Mo’ Bass preset. Set them to perform in an array. Reverse polarity, use the lowpass filter to set a crossover frequency, adjust the master output level of the power amplifier, even turn the grille LED off for install applications or set it to illuminate only when the protection limiter is engaged—all at the touch of a button.
Equally at home in mobile and installed systems.
Although it has a rugged, tour-grade birch enclosure, the PreSonus AIR18s is much more compact and lightweight than you’d expect from a subwoofer that can deliver this much power. With integrated provisions for the included caster kit, ground-stacking provisions, and ergonomic handles on both sides, it’s easy to transport for mobile applications, while offering the features and performance needed for demanding installs. The AIR18s sports two combo XLR and ¼” TRS line-level inputs with level control, and throughputs are provided to connect full-range systems or multiple subwoofers in larger systems. You can even defeat the front power-indicator LED for low-visibility installs.
- 1,200W (dynamic) Class D power amp
- 18-inch woofer with a 3-inch voice coil
- Frequency Response: 35 to 150 Hz
- Max SPL: 137 dB
- 2 combo XLR-¼” line inputs and two XLR direct outputs
- Easy-to-use DSP performance presets:
- Normal—typical FOH use
- Mo’ Bass—extended low-end performance
- Locate—adjusts performance for arrayed and non-arrayed applications
- Normal – non-arrayed applications
- Cardioid—create a ground-stacked cardioid subwoofer array (using two of the same model subwoofer)
- Endfire – create an endfire cardioid subwoofer array (using two of the same model subwoofer)
- Fully variable lowpass filter (sets the upper frequency limit/crossover point) LP filter presets for use with AIR15, AIR12, and AIR10
- LP filter presets for use with AIR15, AIR12, and AIR10
- Alignment delay—adds delay time relative to full-range speaker
- Polarity—invert the polarity of the summed input signal
- 2 comfortable ergonomic side handles
- Ground stack provisions
- Castor provisions (castor kit included)
- Defeatable front-panel LED
- Rugged, texture-painted, birch enclosure
- Tour-grade, 17 gauge steel grille