Presonus Notion 6 (download)
Redefining music notation.
Bring musical inspirations to life with the blazingly fast and intuitive Notion™ 6 music composition and performance environment. Compose when and how you want and even enter music with your own handwriting. Take projects to the next level with deep integration with Studio One®. Hear and perform music with gorgeous samples by the London Symphony Orchestra and others. Deliver polished scores faster than ever before, from complete film orchestrations to simple lead sheets and guitar tab.
Whether you are an instrumentalist, songwriter, composer, arranger, music educator, or student, you’ll find Notion 6 to be the easiest-to-use and best-sounding notation software on the market today. Notion 6: Redefining music notation.
Traditional Notation or Tablature – Fast and Easy
- Easily compose, play back, and edit music
- Perform scores using Notion as a live instrument and save your performance
- Create a score on a Mac®, Windows® computer or tablet, and continue to edit on iPad® or iPhone® and vice versa
- Interactive Entry Tools: Keyboard, Fretboard, Drum Pad, Chord Library (including custom chords)
- Cross-platform handwriting recognition, powered by MyScript™ for written entry
- Sequencer overlay to see notation and MIDI data on the same staff
- Windows touchscreen support… just use your finger or stylus and tap
- Work with Notion in your native language with options for Sim. Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish
Create and Perform with Unmatched Sound Quality
- Best playback of any notation product, with samples recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra, Roy and Victor Wooten, Neil Zaza, Soundiron, and others.
- Full guitar and bass articulations in playback
- Custom rules editor for instrument specific articulations
- Increase your sonic palette with additional expansion sounds from PreSonus or your favorite VST Instruments and libraries.
- Process audio with included PreSonus® Native Effects Limiter, Compressor, and Pro EQ plug-ins or other VST plug-ins.
- Mix with a DAW-style console with up to 8 individual buses
- Live performance options include play, tap, vamp, repeat, fade, playback dynamics, and navigate with Heads Up Display
Serious Studio Integration
- Transfer audio and note data between Notion™ and Studio One® anywhere on your network
- ReWire support (host and slave), with real-time audio and MIDI transfers to a DAW
- Set music to film with advanced video capabilities
- Compose to picture with the video window
- Import video in a variety of formats: MP4, H.264, MPEG, MOV, AVI, M4V, and 3GP on Mac and Windows, plus WMV on Windows
- Native 64-bit support
- Retina (Mac) and High-DPI (Windows) support for high resolution displays
Deliver Professional Scores and Polished Performances
- Print entire scores, individual parts, or lead sheets with chords and lyrics
- Layout control tools: drag notes, measure lines, time signatures, and more, while avoiding accidental respacing
- Show/hide parts independently by system for maximum readability
- Import/export files to/from Finale® and Sibelius® via MusicXML or other apps via Standard MIDI
- Export scores as PDF files
- Export WAV or MP3 audio files
- One-click Bounce All export of individual staves or mixed buses.
- Share music with fans instantly via SoundCloud™