Presonus StudioLive AR16 USB - 18-Channel Hybrid Digital/Analog Mixer
Built by musicians, for musicians.
StudioLive® AR16 USB 18-channel hybrid mixers make it simple to mix and record live shows, studio productions, band rehearsals, podcasts, and much more. This is a musician’s mixer: lightweight, versatile, feature-rich, and packed with analog connections and digital tools, yet easy to learn and use. Mix with PreSonus’® famous Class A preamps and three-band EQ. Create multitrack recordings and fly in backing tracks with a 24-bit, 96 kHz, USB 2.0 digital audio interface. Record and playback in stereo with the integrated SD™ digital recorder. Stream program music wirelessly, using onboard Bluetooth®. Compact and road-ready, StudioLive AR mixers provide a superior all-in-one solution for mixing and recording your performances.
All of the connections and controls you need.
StudioLive AR16 USB mixers are packed with the connections and controls needed to mix and record live, in the studio, and in rehearsal. Each of the eight mono channels and four stereo channels includes a 60 mm fader for level control; a mic input with one of PreSonus’ prized Class A preamps; three-band EQ; and more. Besides the main outputs, you get two monitor mix outputs, each with a dedicate bus, for feeding stage wedges, a headphone amp, or an in-ear system. Since the StudioLive AR16 USB is also a studio mixer, you also get control-room outputs with level control to feed your studio monitors.
Plug guitars and basses directly into the mixer.
Most mixers make you route acoustic and electric guitars and basses through external direct boxes before connecting to a mixer input. But with StudioLive AR mixers, Channels 1 and 2 have high-impedance instrument inputs, so you can plug a guitar or electric bass straight into the board—no direct box needed.
It’s inputs; it’s playback; it’s the Super Channel!
Our unique Super Channel (stereo Channel 17/18) allows you to connect four stereo analog and digital sources at once, enabling you to use the mixer with your high-tech devices. Plug a media player into the Super Channel’s unbalanced RCA and 1/8-inch stereo inputs, play stereo audio from the onboard SD™ recorder or from your USB-connected Mac® or Windows® PC. Use onboard Bluetooth 4.1 to pair your phone to your StudioLive AR mixer and instantly have wireless access to your music library for break music, backing tracks, or ear-training. Have a song you want the rest of the band to learn? Pair your phone and start rehearsing!
Record in the studio or at the gig—with or without a computer.
Naturally, you want to record your gigs, as well as producing studio projects, podcasts, and so on. It’s smart to record your rehearsals, too. So StudioLive AR mixers offer two different ways to record. Connect a StudioLive AR16 USB mixer to your computer via USB 2.0, and you have an 18x4 multitrack digital recorder, ready to capture all input channels plus the main mix to a Mac or Windows PC with professional, 24-bit/96 kHz quality. An onboard stereo SD recorder lets you record the main mix without a computer—just hit Record and go. Recording can’t get much easier than this!
Channels and Buses
- 18-channel mixer
- 8 mono and 4 stereo channels, each with:
- 60 mm level fader
- PFL solo
- 1 stereo Super Channel (Ch. 17/18)
- 2 monitor buses with PFL solo
- 1 stereo effects bus
- 1 stereo effects return with:
- 60 mm master fader
- Dedicated monitor sends
- Effects bypass footswitch jack
Inputs and Outputs
- 2 instrument inputs
- 16 balanced line inputs
- 2 unbalanced inserts
- 12 balanced mic inputs with:
- Class A microphone preamp
- Global 48V phantom power
- Stereo Super Channel with:
- Stereo RCA inputs
- 1/8-inch stereo input
- Switchable SD™/USB stereo playback
- Bluetooth 4.1 input
- L/R XLR main outputs
- 2 balanced TRS monitor outputs
- 1 balanced TRS effects output
- L/R Control Room outputs with level control
- Headphone output with level control
- Highpass filter on every channel
- Mono channels: 3-band semi-parametric EQ with sweepable mid-band
- Stereo channels: 3-band semi-parametric EQ
- Stereo effects processor with 16 presets
- 18x4 24-bit/96 kHz, USB 2.0 audio recording interface
- Record every channel plus the Main Mix
- 2x2 SD recorder
- Record main mix
- Supports SD™ and SDHC™ formats up to 32 GB
- Capture™ recording software
- Studio One ® 3 Artist recording and production software (DAW)
- Internal power supply
- Standard IEC power connector
- Sturdy metal construction
- 60 mm faders
- Rackmount kit included