PLX3602, 2-Channel Power Amplifier - 775W/ch at 8 Ohms, QSC
The PLX2 series is a range of premium quality, high-power
amplifiers designed for the most demanding live performance uses. Built
on the third generation of QSC PowerLight� technology, PLX2 amplifiers
combine light weight, superlative audio quality and proven QSC
reliability. With power ratings up to 3,600 watts, PLX2 amplifiers are
capable of providing plenty of clean, undistorted output to the most
power hungry speaker systems.
Two ways to get PLX2 performance
The "02" models (PLX1802, PLX2502, PLX3102 and PLX3602)
are the right choice for users who need to drive up to four loudspeakers
from each amplifier channel (2 ohm loading), or when extremely high
power bridge mono operation is required. These models feature built-in
subwoofer processing, filter switches, and front panel indications of
bridge mono status.
The compact "04" models (PLX1104, PLX1804) bring the same
performance and technology, plus even greater value, to applications
that don't require bridged or 2 ohm operation. Designed to power one or
two speakers from each amplifier channel (4 ohm minimum loading), these
models offer a simplified feature set while retaining genuine,
uncompromised PLX performance and technology. Weighing just 13 pounds
(5.9 kg) these "plug-and-play" amplifiers are perfect for ultra-portable
rigs, as well as reference-quality playback.
PLX2 series amplifiers have the refined, rugged good looks
usually associated with high performance racing cars, competition
bikes, professional power tools, and high power machinery. A solid,
cast-aluminum front panel adds professional style to any rack while also
acting as an integral I-beam, rigidly tying the chassis together for
years of on-the-road reliability.
Additional mechanical touches such as the side stiffening
rails, rear rack ears and cable tie anchor points attest to QSC's years
of experience and attention to detail. QSC has even designed the
integrated front handles so the amplifier slides into a rack without
scraping the installers fingers on the rack sides. The exterior
appearance of PLX2 amplifiers conveys what's inside - simply and truly,
13 to 21 pounds of the most advanced professional power amp on the
PowerLight switchmode technology replaces a large, heavy
AC transformer (typically 20 lbs. / 9 kg) with a highly efficient and
lighter-weight active design. Conventional AC transformers provide 100
or 120 energy pulses per second, the PowerLight supply delivers 190,000
to 230,000 pulses per second. More pulses make it easier to provide
on-demand power for the amplifier's output section. The power supply
doesn't "sag" so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end
remains crisp and clean.
PLX2 audio power circuitry achieves performance normally
associated with studio reference amplifiers. In order to reduce
crossover distortion, precision bias tracking makes minute adjustments
as amplifier temperature changes. The benefit is cleaner high-frequency
and more consistent sound no matter how hard the amplifier is driven.
The higher power models use QSC-exclusive class H output circuitry, a
form of audio "turbocharging" that increases maximum power without
affecting the basic audio quality.
PLX2 Series Features
- Very light weight ("02" models, 21 lbs/9.5 kg, "04" models 13 lbs/5.9 kg).
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front,
keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that
could become clogged.
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal
present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting. 02 models
also feature bridge and parallel mode LED indicators.
- Speakon� NL-4 output connectors provide a
positive-locking speaker connection. Ch 1 output uses all 4 wires for
single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers.
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment.
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation.
- Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending.
- Value combined with uncompromised PLX technology,
quality and performance for applications that don't require bridged or 2
ohm stereo operation.
- Two models with power ratings up to 900 watts per channel @ 4 ohms.
- Clip limiting protects speakers; thermal limiting maintains operation even during abnormal overloads.
- Speakon� NL4 and binding post outputs.
- 100 Hz high pass and low pass filters for bi-amping subwoofer and satellite systems without the need for an external crossover.
- Switchable/defeatable 33 Hz infrasonic filters protect woofers from over-excursion damage.
- Switchable/defeatable clip limiters.
- Four models with power ratings up to 1800 watts per channel @ 2 ohms, 3600 watts bridged @ 4 ohms.