Secure-Encrypted Two-Factor Authentication Mobile-Ruggedized Pocket Drive
AES-256 CBC Real-Time Hardware Encryption, with NIST and FIPS Validated Cryptographic Modules
Amphibious X7 is the world's most technologically advanced two-factor authentication, real-time, hardware encrypted external drive in the market today.
Designed and engineered to satisfy the requirements of demanding security concerned professionals, Amphibious can also support a fast solid-state drive (SSD). Amphibious is designed to be both bootable and bus-powered, and it is compatible with MS Windows and Macintosh environments without any software installations.
One of the most secure and cutting-edge hardware-based encryption chipsets is integrated into the internal circuitry of the Amphibious. The cryptographic encryption module contains features such as Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength, and real-time encryption so that there is virtually zero time in encrypting and decrypting the data. While in the CBC mode, the encryption chipset bears certifications from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and U.S. Federal Information Processing Standard FIPS Level 2 for a Cryptographic Module. The Amphibious is authenticated by secure (ISO7816, compliance) smart card and password (PIN number), which is inserted for authentication, and removed soon after the device is authenticated, and then ready for secure data transfer.
Rocstor’s line of encrypted drives offers the technologies you need to keep your data secure and safe.
A unique feature of the Amphibious X7 Mobile is that it has an embedded keypad allowing you to key in your PIN directly onto the unit. This ensures protection from key-loggers who may be recording your keystrokes on your computer. Together with full-disk encryption and smart card–based authentication, these features give you the ultimate level of protection with an unrivaled ease of use.
Rocsecure Amphibious is a hardware-based encryption device that secures data in a SATA hard disk or SSD drive against hackers and information thieves. Uniquely designed as a bump-in-the-wire device on the SATA cable, the Amphibious requires no mounting and simply plugs in-between the SATA connector on the motherboard and the hard disk drive. It operates transparently and encrypts all data written onto the hard disk without any loss in disk performance. Amphibious does not require any additional software drivers or applications to be installed and is fully independent of the operating system. Once deployed, users would be assured that all the data on the Amphibious X7 is fully protected from unauthorized access in the event the hard disk is lost or stolen. The data is accessible as long as the Amphibious X7 is powered ON.
Amphibious and Smart Card Features
United State Government: Rocstor has integrated the latest U.S. Government issuing (deployed) PIV and CAC cards into the Amphibious X7-Gov model and sold it to U.S. government agencies only. The agency must be indentified and contacted before any information is released; the specifications herein stated may or may not bear the product specifications for a particular agency.
Corporate—Consumers: The standard Amphibious X7 model contains two Smartcards; Consumers will be to order the device with three (3) or more cards before purchase. (Smartcard with different codes can be purchased separately)
Amphibious X7 employs data encryption and pre-boot authentication allowing organizations to better protect and control access to their corporate and customer records, thus complying with regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB); it is also FCC, CE, and ISO7816 smart card compliant.
Real-Time Hardware Encryption
Amphibious X7 Mobile authenticates the user every time it is plugged into your computer. To give your data the highest level of security, it uses a smart card. You not only need to insert a smart card (something you have) but also need to key in a password PIN (something you know) before the drive becomes accessible. This use of two factors for authentication gives you the same level of security offered by bank ATM cards.
- Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength
- Real-time encryption (virtually zero time in encrypting and decrypting the data)
- Military-grade hardware encryption (not software embedded in a chip)
- CBC modes
- Two-factor authentication—smart card and password protected
- The cryptographic engine is NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) of USA and CSE (Communications Security Establishment) of Canada certified hardware AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm.
- FIPS (U.S. Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 Cryptographic Engine validated (FIPS Inside)
- No software or GUI involved or required installation (for encryption or authentication)
- Ruggedized pocket-size portable external storage drive
- Bus powered (no adaptor required)
- Carrying case included
- Incorporates SATA hard drive (up to 1TB) or solid-state drive (SSD)
- USB and FireWire connections
- Speeds up to 800 megabytes per second
- Compatible with both Windows and Macintosh environments
- Includes all necessary cables
- FireWire 800 (1394b) [or FireWire 400 (1394a) cable not included] port(s)
- USB 2.0 port(s)
- PowerPC or Intel processor
- Mac OS 10.5 or later
- MS Windows, XP or later
- Min. recommended memory: 1GB MB RAM
- Mac OS 10.5 or later
- Microsoft Windows, XP or later
- Solid-state Drives (SSD)