UAD-2 Satellite OCTO Custom Thunderbolt, Universal Audio
UAD-2 SATELLITE THUNDERBOLT.
Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over Thunderbolt.
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library,
including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more. With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt makes the perfect introduction to UAD plug-ins, or ideal DSP expander for Apollo audio interfaces.
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins.
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — whether it's boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio.
Expandable processing power, from QUAD to OCTO.
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces, including Apollo Twin, DUO, QUAD, and 16 for truly scalable mixing power.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages.
The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, and a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 79 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v7.8.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via blazing fast Thunderbolt 2 connection
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Allows taking UAD plug-ins “on the road,” mixing on Macs with Thunderbolt 1 or 2 connection
- Available in QUAD and OCTO models w/ 4 or 8 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Available in Core, Custom & Ultimate packages
- All packages include Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and Equalizer
- 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
- CS-1 Precision Channel
- RealVerb Pro Room Modeler
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interfaces
- Compatible with VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- Compatible with Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Fan-free design for silent operation
UAD Powered Plug-Ins version 8.5
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, or 10.11 El Capitan
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Fan-less Thunderbolt 2 external enclosure w/ external power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 7” wide x 6 3/4” long x 1 3/4” high (weight: 2.24 lbs)
- 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Compatible with VST, RTAS, Audio Units, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sample rate support
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy