Vanguard Audio Labs V1 Lolli Pencil Microphone Kit
The Vanguard Audio Labs V1 Lolli Pencil
Microphone Kit is a multi-capsule FET pencil condenser microphone.
Lovingly crafted by experts over several years, it is designed to be a
versatile, reliable, professional tool for any recording engineer,
studio, producer, or artist.
5 total custom-voiced capsules in both small- and large-diaphragm
formats, and with multiple pickup patterns allow for a cornucopia of
tonal variations for virtually any sound source or recording situation.
With a straight-wire circuit design, premium cryogenically-treated FET
componentry, an unparalleled selection of capsules, and a heavy-duty
VSSM shockmount, the V1 will be your new studio workhorse.
Audio Labs designed the V1 with the character and versatility of iconic
pencil condensers in mind, while also utilizing modern technology &
design to meet the demands of todays recording professionals.
The Vanguard Audio Labs V1 Pencil Microphone Kit was created to be an
incredibly flexible and adaptable microphone system. Four 22mm capsules
cardioid, wide cardioid, hypercardioid, and omnidirectional not
only have different pickup patterns, but different voicings as well,
allowing for a variety of instruments and scenarios. Additionally,
Vanguard includes their V34C Lolli multi-pattern large-diaphragm
capsule assembly. The Lolli houses a 34mm custom-voiced dual-capsule
assembly with 3 pickup patterns, making the V1 even more handy.
After hundreds of hours of listening and testing exhaustive design
variations with world-class engineers, Vanguard Audio Labs can
confidently say that this microphone will vastly exceed the performance
of other pencil condenser microphones in its price range, and rival the
performance of microphones costing several times more.
Vanguard Audio Labs V1 is very different from other microphones in its
price range. It is designed and precision-built in limited quantities to
no-compromise standards, with final assembly and 100% testing taking
place in Southern California.
The small-diaphragm capsules begin with a 20mm 4µm gold-sputtered
Mylar diaphragm, carefully positioned in front of a precision-machined,
custom-voiced backplate and phase shift assembly. The specially-designed
housing brings the diaphragm as close as possible to the front of the
assembly to prevent comb filtering.
The V34C Lolli houses an extra-large 34mm edge-terminated,
gold-sputtered 3µm Mylar dual-capsule assembly which is custom-voiced
with a proprietary hand-tuning process. We then place it in a shockmount
saddle nestled in a retro-aesthetic chassis, which is CNC-machined from
solid aircraft-grade aluminum billets. Open-weave mesh, carefully
radiused interior, and precision-machined venting prevent standing
reflections and allow for an open-air voicing. Vanguard Audio Labs
engineered the V34C Lolli head to spin 360 degrees while mounted on the
V1, allowing for quick Y-axis positioning adjustments with no futzing
around with mic stands.
Vanguard Audio Labs then designed a transformer-coupled solid-state
circuit that matches the unique musical properties of our capsules and
loaded it with premium-grade, over-spec components sourced from
manufacturers around the world. They cryogenically treated critical
components in the signal & power paths, including an
ultra-high-grade FET with incredibly low noise. The circuit is designed
with an In = Out philosophy, with very few components present in the
signal path. As a result, the microphones lower output allows for your
preamp character to shape the final tone of your tracking.
Aesthetically, the precision-machined brass body is coated with
Vanguard's signature Pinot Noir, finished with a deep, lustrous gloss,
and accented by polished nickel trim and a precision-cast Vanguard
badge. Your V1s serial number is laser-engraved on the lower rear of
the microphone. The V34C housing harkens back to the classic broadcast
microphones of yesteryear, and both grills can be aligned either
vertically or horizontally simply by removing two screws.
The Vanguard Audio Labs V1 was designed by a team of experts with
more than 65 years of experience and vetted by award-winning engineers
V1 was designed in the USA, and undergoes final assembly in sunny
Southern California. Vanguard performs 100% quality control every
single piece of your V1 kit undergoes a series of stringent audio and
visual tests in Southern California before being hand-packed.
Every part of the V1 was designed to be robust and reliable. Wherever
possible, components were over-specced. The deep-cycle cryogenic
treatment improves the lifespan and performance of critical electronic
components. Brass, steel, aluminum, and zinc are part of the heavy-duty
construction. You want your recording tools to be reliable, durable, and
rugged, and so does Vanguard Audio Labs! Every Vanguard microphone is
backed by a FIVE-YEAR WARRANTY.
Vanguard Audio Labs V1 Lolli Pencil Microphone Kit Features
- 4 small-diaphragm 22mm capsule assemblies cardioid, wide cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional
- Large-diaphragm V34C Lolli multi-pattern capsule assembly
- Transformer-balanced solid-state circuit
- Ultra low-noise high-quality JFET and other premium-grade components
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- Transformer-balanced output custom-wound humbucking dual-bobbin transformer
- Works via 48V phantom power
- Heavy-duty brass, aircraft-grade aluminum, steel, and zinc construction
- Each V1 comes with its own laser-engraved serial number
- Over-spec componentry
- Deep-gloss Pinot Noir finish
- Polished nickel trim
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- Final Assembly & 100% Quality Control in California, USA
Vanguard Audio Labs V1 Lolli Pencil Microphone Kit Specifications
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Capsule Size (V34C) : 1.34″ / 34mm (dual-capsule)
- Diaphragm Size (V34C): 1.04″ / 26.4mm
- Capsule Diaphragms Thickness (v34C)
- Capsule Size (Small-Diaphragm): 0.87″/22mm
- Diaphragm Size (Small-Diaphragm): 0.78″ / 16mm
- Capsule Diaphragm Thickness (Small-Diaphragm): 4µm
- Electronics Type: Solid-state, transformer-balanced output
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin, gold-plated
- Finish: Polished nickel trim / High-gloss Pinot Noir
- Voltage Requirement: Phantom Power (+48V ideal)
Vanguard Audio Labs V1 Lolli Pencil Microphone Kit Includes
- 22mm removable capsule Cardioid
- 22mm removable capsule Wide Cardioid
- 22mm removable capsule Hypercardioid
- 22mm removable capsule Omnidirectional
- V34C Lolli removable multi-pattern capsule assembly
- VSSM small shockmount
- Removable windscreen
- Padded pinewood microphone storage box
- 5 Year Warranty
Click here to view all Vanguard Audio Labs products