Software licenses are Not Returnable or exchangeable, Vienna Symphonic Library does not allow returns on software. If you have any questions about software compatibility or versions Please consult with us prior to purchase .
( note : this products requires Vienna or Steinberg elicenser USB key, which is not included, and is purchased separately)
Elicenser key is available at this link: eLicenser Key
The Woodwinds I Collection contains the four main wind instruments, flute, oboe, clarinet, and bassoon, as well as their corresponding ensemble formations. Since the beginning of the Vienna Symphonic Library, first-rate musicians have been providing the sound and character of these wind instruments as soloists and ensemble leaders. Gisela Mashayekhi-Beer was the solo flutist of the Zurich Opera orchestra and taught at the Bruckner University Linz and at the Vienna Music University. Markus Deuter was (and is) first oboist of numerous German orchestras; he came to Vienna especially for the recordings of the French oboe. The clarinetist Daniel Hörth, in spite of his youth, can look back at an international concert career with the Vienna Philharmonic, the Vienna Symphonic Orchestra, and others, and Martin Machovits, among other assignments, is solo bassoon player at the Vienna Radio Symphony Orchestra.
The solo instruments as well as the ensembles offer fast and slow Interval Performances in legato and marcato styles as well as Performance Trills. From the solo instruments, the flute and clarinet arpeggios (major, minor, and diminished broken chords in legato and staccato styles), the solo flute’s mordents, and the French oboe’s flutter tonguing particularly stand out. The slow legato repetitions of the solo flute are especially appealing. During the recordings of the French oboe we gave our utmost attention to capturing the lyrical and expressive vibrato.
Your purchase also entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes theVienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
ARTICULATIONS - Full Library
- Interval Performances: legato, marcato; fast & slow
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato; crescendo & diminuendo
- Flute 1, clarinet – Performance Repetition upbeats
- Performance Trills
- Solo instruments – Grace Note Performances: minor 2nd to octave, up & down
- Solo instruments – runs: major, minor, chromatic, whole tone; up & down
- Flute 1, clarinet – arpeggios: major, minor, diminshed triads; legato & staccato; medium & fast
- Flute 1 – mordents: legato & staccato, 12 variations
- Clarinet – glissandos
- Short notes: staccato, short portato, long portato
- Long notes: sustains with various attacks and vibratos
- Dynamics: crescendo & diminuendo in various note lengths; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Trills: half tone, whole tone; crescendo & diminuendo
- Solo instruments – flutter tonguing
- Ensembles – sustained three-note clusters
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- 59 GB free hard drive space
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard