The system comprises four satellite loudspeakers, a dedicated centre channel loudspeaker and an active subwoofer. Accessories such as grilles, spikes, spike protection boots for use on polished surfaces, and 20 metres of speaker cable are provided, and stand options are available.
Featuring a technological breakthrough from Tannoy, the satellite speakers bring together the company's renowned WideBand™ expertise into a brand new miniature (5") version of their world famous point source Dual Concentric™ drive unit. A single Dual Concentric™ driver is integrally moulded into the baffle of the organically styled satellite speakers. Offering the acoustic benefits of excellent dispersion characteristics and imaging, inherent in Tannoy's point source Dual Concentric™ design, the new 'Dual' goes even further with its built-in super tweeter. Extending the bandwidth effectively provides a more focussed sound stage, with vocals and instruments clearly more separate and distinct. Percussive sounds have more reality and impact.
The rigid acoustic shell of the satellite speakers, robustly constructed in cast aluminium, provides full acoustic optimisation of the drive units. The satellite speakers are magnetically shielded to eliminate colour fringing effects when placed close to a television.
Arena's versatile platforms enable a variety of room integration solutions. Optional table stands for the satellite speakers are fitted with a swivel mechanism allowing precise adjustment. The same stands are also equipped with a wall mounting plate and a carefully designed cable management system. An elegant floor stand option is also available.
Lavishly finished, the Arena system is available in a choice of magnificent high gloss colours - bronze, silver, white or black.
- Recommended amplifier power: 15 - 100W
- Sensitivity: (2.83V @ 1m) 88dB
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohm
- Frequency response (-6dB): 80Hz - 54kHz
- Crossover frequency: 1.75kHz mid to high, 80Hz to subwoofer
- Crossover type: 2nd order low pass, 1st order high pass
- Dual Concentric Driver: LF 100mm mixed fibre pulp cone, Dynamic overload Protection, HF 19mm titanium dome with neodymium magnet system
- Enclosure Type: Ported
- Internal volume (Satellite): 2.0L, 0.07cu.ft
- Dimensions (Satellite) Including Grille: 187.0mm x 133.5mm x 175.5mm
- Weight (Satellite): 2.5kg (5.5lbs)
Click here for more information