Lab Gruppen Lucia 60/1-70, 2-Channel Power Amplifier
Great sound, flexibility and ease of use
Lab.gruppen’s innovative LUCIA (Localized Utility Compact Intelligent Amplification) brings superior audio performance and extraordinary flexibility to a decentralized approach in AV systems design. Power, processing, control and I/O are conveniently placed exactly where they are needed. In many AV applications requiring consistently outstanding performance, LUCIA offers a logical, cost-efficient and scalable solution that often eliminates the complications and added expense of a centralized equipment room. LUCIA amplifiers incorporate a digital, firmware-controlled front end coupled to a robust, durable and highly efficient Lab.gruppen output stage, all of which make LUCIA the best-sounding and most reliable compact amplifier in its category.
Fits in anywhere
LUCIA 60/1-70 has been designed and engineered for quick installation and easy setup. The supplied wall-mount bracket enables discreet on-wall location (such as behind video displays), but the ultra-compact form factor also allows easy placement virtually anyplace – whether next to a projector or integrated into a reception counter, podium & lectern or bar area. All input and output connections are on Euroblock screw terminals (with parallel unbalanced RCA connectors), and level setting is available on front-panel potentiometers. Advanced circuitry protects the amplifier and connected loudspeakers from potential damage caused by clipping, thermal overload, or extreme low line voltage.
Integrated mix-matrix and DSP front end
The LUCIA 60/1-70 incorporates a digital front end with a 2 x 1 Mix Matrix and comprehensive DSP features, including proprietary Automatic Dynamic Loudness Contouring (ADLCTM) and a full selection of EQ filters both before and after the matrix – features that eliminate the need for external mixers and processors in many applications, saving time and money. A software wizard facilitates fast setup, while the advanced editor allows offline configuration of common presets that can be quickly downloaded to multiple units via USB.
LUCIA amplifiers are ENERGY STAR qualified, making them an ideal choice for installation in projects seeking energy efficient certifications. The amplifiers automatically enter standby mode after a 20 minute period with no signal input, consuming less than 1 watt. Automatic power-up occurs within two seconds after an input signal is sensed.
ENERGY STAR Qualified
By maintaining very low current draw during operating cycles even at high output levels, and reduced power consumption during non-operational cycles, our Energy Star qualified products harness impeccable Lab.gruppen sonic performance and robust power output while meeting the rigorous efficiency requirements of current Energy Star certification standards.
ADLC for great sound, every time.
Automatic Dynamic Loudness Contouring ensures a fuller and comfortable listening experience – especially at low perceived levels. Based on industry leading technology from TC Electronic, ADLC ensures that LUCIA delivers optimum reproduction of the source signal regardless of output gain (or “volume”).
Auto Load Sense
Lab.gruppen’s innovative Auto Load Sense technology detects the impedance load on each channel and self-configures the output stage for optimal performance, allowing it to deliver maximum power output on all loads from 2-8 ohms. This means a single LUCIA amplifier can be used to effectively drive up to 16 loudspeakers (if 16 ohm devices, connected 8 per channel).
Third party control
Once installed the LUCIA can be controlled and monitored either via GPIO or more extensively using that RS232 interface that is included. The protocol used is open and free for anyone to implement. The list of companies supporting it is growing
TECH SPEC OVERVIEW
- Designed for constant voltage applications – 1 x 60 W into 70 V/100 V1
- Built-in 2x1 matrix – Mix two sources to mono or use for source selection
- Comprehensive DSP features – Per channel presets for high-pass filter, parametric EQ, multi-band compressor, and look-ahead limiter
- Automatic Dynamic Loudness Contouring™ – DSP automatically adapts to optimize performance at any output level
- Optimized presets – Available for specific loudspeaker models
- Configuration software – Windows and Mac software wizard for initial set-up (connection via USB)
- GPIO – Remote control for output level and instant wake from sleep mode as default; other options possible via the configuration software
- Compact form factor – Half-rack, 1U chassis and supplied bracket for flexible mounting
- Efficient Class D amplifier – Patented design for low distortion and minimal heat dissipation
- Fail-safe operation – Comprehensive short circuit, thermal and under-voltage protection
- Intelligent fan control – Silent at idle and extremely quiet at low output levels
- Selectable high-pass filter – Rear switches for ON/OFF and 50 Hz or 80 Hz filter; this is in series with the customizable input and output EQs (which are flat from the factory)
- ENERGY STAR® qualified1 – Conforms to latest energy efficiency standards