Made in the USA, by an American!
Support American made products
Our future depends on it!!!
Made in the USA!!
Now In Stock!!!Product Highlights
- High-Performance 32-Bit / 192 kHz AD/DA
- Record, Mix, Process, and Monitor Audio
- 2 XLR-1/4" Mic/Line/Instrument Inputs
- Virtual Loopback for Mix-Minus Setup
- Made in the USA
- Product URL: CLICK HERE
- SKU: M4
- Brand: MOTU
- UPC: 839128006126
- Product Reviews: REVIEWS CLICK HERE
If you want a professional-quality audio interface at a wallet-friendly price, consider the
, a USB Type-C device designed for recording, mixing, podcasting, and more. Offering loopback connections that allow podcasters to record skype calls with absoutely no fuss, the M4 can feed audio to both computers and iOS devices, thanks to its USB Type-C connection.
With two XLR-1/4" inputs, the M4 can handle microphones, line-level instruments, or Hi-Z instruments such as guitars and basses. Selectable phantom power is on hand for condenser mics, and the preamps are exceedingly clean with an EIN of -129 dB; this ensures you only hear the instrument or voice being captured, rather than any noise from the preamp. Whether you need a clear-sounding vocal for a podcast or a transparently recorded guitar for a mix, the M4 will deliver the goods.
The M4 has digital loopback channels, so you can route audio from your computer directly into your recording software. What does this mean? If you're recording podcasts, you can record guests from Skype or any other VoIP software without incurring horrible feedback or other audio issues; it all works seamlessly.
Do you like to mix with hardware compressors, equalizers, or other pieces of outboard gear? If so, the M4 has you covered with line outputs over RCA or 1/4" connections and balanced 1/4" line inputs on the rear panel. With the M4, you can run audio through your favorite hardware pieces, and record it straight to the interface, making the unit adept at handling hybrid mixing setups.
The M4 is equally suitable for producers, thanks to its MIDI I/O. You can use your favorite MIDI controller with the M4 and free up a USB port on your computer in the process. Or, you can run MIDI from the M4 to your favorite hardware synth, capturing the glorious tones of your favorite compatible hardware synth through the M4's analog pres.
In this way, the M4 is all about providing the budding content creator options, no matter the discipline. The M4 puts everything from podcasting to music production within your grasp.
The M4 has balanced 1/4" outputs for professional-level monitoring, and also features mirrored RCA outputs for feeding receivers and other unbalanced gear. With a 1/4" headphone output, you can monitor your work privately.
Loopback Channels for Podcast Recording and Live Streaming
The M4's included driver provides convenient loopback channels to your host computer, so you can easily capture your computer's output. Combine computer audio with live mics while recording in your DAW, allowing you to capture guests over Skype or other VoIP programs. You can also use the loopback function while streaming live to sites like Twitch.
Line Inputs and Line Outputs
The M4 offers two 1/4" line outputs as well as two mirrored RCA line outputs. Use these outputs to feed outboard gear such as compressors, equalizers, stereo-width processors, or whatever else you have in your arsenal. Route audio to channels 3-4, through your favorite hardware pieces, and then back into the two 1/4" line inputs. This makes the unit suitable for hybrid mix engineers.
The M4 provides ultralow latency for monitoring live inputs through your computer, thanks to MOTU's expertly engineered USB drivers. These deliver 2.5 ms of round-trip latency, measured with a 32-sample buffer at 96 kHz.
Hardware Monitoring and Input Mix Knob
The M4 gives you one-touch hardware monitoring for all inputs, including line inputs 3-4. You'll also note the mix knob for balancing live inputs with computer playback; this lets you secure your perfect monitor mix, so you can hear your playing without latency, as well as any playback tracks, all at the same time.
Professional-Level Audio Quality
Equipped with the same ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC technology found in audio interfaces the pros use, the M4 delivers 120 dB of dynamic range on its main outputs. ESS converters also drive the headphone output. Ultraclean preamp circuits produce a measured -129 dBu EIN on the mic inputs; this means while recording, you'll only hear the mic, not the mic pre.
The M4 includes Ableton Live Lite and MOTU Performer Lite, which are DAWs geared for music recording and production. Also included are over 100 instruments for Performer Lite, as well as 6 GB of loops, sounds, and one-shot samples for either DAW.
The unit is bus-powered over USB, but with a USB Type-C power adapter, so the M4 can be used as a standalone preamp and basic mixer, with no host computer required. Simply engage the monitor button for each input (and 48V phantom power, if needed), and adjust the preamp gain. Connect the main outs to any line-level destination, such as a PA or patch bay.
Key Features at a Glance
- 4 input / 4 output USB Type-C audio interface with professional-level sound
- ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology
- Ultralow latency for host software processing
- Easy-to-read metering for all inputs/outputs, with a full-color LCD
- 2 x XLR-1/4" mic/line/Hi-Z guitar inputs
- Individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power for each input
- 2 balanced 1/4" line inputs
- Hardware direct monitoring for each input (mono or stereo)
- Monitor mix knob to control balance between live inputs and computer playback
- -129 dB EIN on mic inputs
- 4 balanced, DC-coupled 1/4" TRS outputs
- 120 dB dynamic range on outputs
- 4 RCA unbalanced analog out, mirrored
- 1 headphone output, driven by ESS converters, with independent volume control
- MIDI I/O over 5-pin DIN jacks
- 32-bit support for sample rates between 44.1 to 192 kHz
- USB audio class compliant for plug-and-play operation on Mac (no driver required)
- Windows driver with 2.5 ms round-trip latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz)
- Optional Mac driver for 2.5 ms round-trip latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz), as well as loopback features
- iOS compatible (USB audio class compliant)
- Driver loopback for capturing host output, live streaming, and podcasting
- Bus-powered USB Type-C connector with power switch (USB cable included, compatible with USB Type-A)
- Rugged metal construction
- MOTU Performer Lite and Ableton Live Lite software included
- Over 100 instruments in Performer Lite
- Over 6 GB of included free loops, samples, and one-shots
- Kensington security slot
- Made in the USA
MOTU M4 unboxing and review